Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What keeps me awake at night: napkin rings.

I found this tutorial through stumbleupon a little while ago and I have not been able to get napkin rings out of my head since. (Which is why I am awake at 10:30 at night writing this.)
I am pretty sure if I don't make some napkin rings soon my brain might explode. I want a set to put in my hope chest and I also think that they would make good gifts so I want to make lots of them.
I have been looking on Etsy for some inspiration and have found many very pretty (and simple! Or at least they seem simple.) styles.
Here are some of the ones I liked:

Flower with branch napkin rings
Vintage silver plate spoons napkin rings
Felt poinsettia napkin rings
Turquoise rosette napkin rings
Silverware napkin rings
Crochet napkin rings (whoo! crochet!)
Elegant felt flowers napkin rings
Red felt flower napkin rings

OK I think I have seen enough napkin rings for one night. For myself, I am probably going to go with a similar design to the one in the tutorial. I am hopefully getting some PVC pipe tomorrow so I can try making these. I am going with PVC because it is strong and cheap.
Off to bed now! I need to be well rested for some napkin ring crafting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment