Thursday, December 16, 2010

Penny-pinching pretty: Anthropologie necklace remake

I saw this necklace on a blog that I love reading and thought it was really cute. The Anthro one is super expensive and after seeing some one else do a successful remake of it I thought "Hey, I can do that!"
It really isn't that difficult. Cutting out and painting the little leather triangles took a bit of time but I'm sure I spent less than ten dollars on this necklace, so it was worth it.
Here's how it came out:


 All I did was cut out ten little leather triangles and paint them the same colors (or as close as I could get) as the ones on the original necklace. Then I used my leather hole puncher and put small holes (but big enough to fit my chain through) in two corners of the triangle. I strung all of the triangles onto the chain, used jump rings to attach the charms, and tied on the two lengths of ribbon. That's it! Simple right?
The only thing I would do differently would be to use thinner coats of paint on the triangles so that the leathery texture was more visible.  This one is a Christmas present for a friend but I think I am going to make one for myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment