Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Milestones: sewing on a zipper

I have a book called "Last-Minute Fabric Gifts" which has a lot of fun, quick projects in it, most of which I haven't gotten around to trying yet. A few weeks ago I finally made a little make-up/travel bag that I had been admiring in the book for a long time. I made this one as a birthday gift for a friend but I think I am going to make one for me too. I really love the style of it and the fact that it has a lot of room inside.


This project marks a milestone for me because it is the first time I have EVER sewn on a zipper. Until I made this little bag I had always begged my mom to sew all the zippers for anything I made. I really have no clue why I was so averse to putting on a zipper; maybe it was the zipper foot for the machine that freaked me out or maybe I was just being lazy. (I think I was just being lazy).





I'm glad that I have overcome my antipathy for zipper sewing, and I am proud of my little travel pouch. I think it came out pretty.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment